The "We Heard You Update"
ujam Instruments releases the Virtual Drummer 2 series. Discover what's inside of the new Virtual Drummer HEAVY, PHAT and SOLID.
JULY 4TH, 2019
The new versions of Virtual Drummer HEAVY, PHAT and SOLID are available in VST, AU, AAX plug-in formats for both Mac OS X and Windows. The series is comprised of three titles: SOLID being the all-around reliable session drummer, suitable for most popular styles, HEAVY covering hard and heavy, and PHAT urban and funky styles.
About the update
With the VD 2 update, UJAM added significant features requested by users while keeping the fail-proof spirit of simplicity. Even with an increased number of controls and much more detailed editing and mixing options, the one-page interface stays nice and clean and a joy to operate.
The update also includes 30 new styles and 150 new presets, all created with extra emphasis on natural feel and musicality.
Virtual Drummer 2 new features:
- Drag-and-drop of grooves to DAW allows for detailed note editing and song building even across styles … and even across drummers.
- Individual outputs let users use their own mixing tools.
- Twice the number of Styles and Grooves and 150 new Presets are now available for each drummer, totaling 60 Styles with 1380 Grooves and 200 Presets per title.
- Kit editing options let users customize the preset kits.
- The mixer section got expanded by compressors and filters for Room and Overheads, as well as individual reverb controls and more reverb programs.
- The new Master Section with Saturation and Maximizer provides extra control in the mix.
- A new look makes working with Virtual Drummers even easier on the eyes and brain.
The Evolution of Virtual Drummer
UJAM founder and Virtual Instrument Pioneer Peter Gorges: “With the original Virtual Drummer 1 our intention was to go against the grain and reduce the complexity of the interface to the absolute minimum. While our customers appreciated the ease, some were missing tweaking options. This update shows our commitment to listening to our users, while staying true to uncompromised instant gratification and ease of use. An added favorite of mine in Version 2 are the extremely musical new styles, played by great pro drummers, which really shows in terms of realism and production value”.
We develop software solutions that enable people to create, consume and interact with music.