Disco Funk Riff
Learn how to create a crispy funk riff with Virtual Guitarist SPARKLE
Configuring the Sound
Just follow the steps throughout this tutorial to get set for your next funk production!
- In Virtual Guitarist SPARKLE, I choose the style Disco to define the general phrasing style.
- Further on, I activate the DOUBLING function to give it a nice wide stereo-effect, put the AMP on crunch and the guitar position on DUAL.
- In addition, I configure the GRIT and the DRIVE function to 1 o’clock to create more push and bite in the sound.
- Then, I tweak the reverb to 12 o’clock, the chorus to 11 o’clock and the delay to 10 o’clock.
- Next, I play the chords G-minor, A#-major, F-major and C-Major over four bars…
- … and experiment with different style phrases of Virtual Guitarist SPARKLE. I play the notes D3, G3 and A3 as well as D3, G3 to A#3 over four bars, to create varying strumming patterns.
- In conclusion, I add some automation on the FEEL function to make the strumming sound more natural.
Try it out!
- Grab the trial version of Virtual Guitarist SPARKLE if you haven’t got the plug-in already. It’s free, and it runs for 30 days – without any limitation.
- Install it, open your DAW, and find Virtual Guitarist SPARKLE in your list of virtual instrument plug-ins, and open it on a track.
- Load the MIDI file: Sparkle Funk Riff – MIDI
- Drag the MIDI file to the Virtual Guitarist SPARKLE track
- Get the Drum Loop MP3 file: Sparkle – Drum Loop
- Download the Guitar Loop: Sparkle – Guitar Loop
- Download the Keys Loop: Sparkle – Keys Loop
- Get the Bass Loop: Sparkle – Bass Loop
- Drag each of the MP3 files to individual tracks.
All the attached files come in the speed of 120bpm so adjust your DAW tempo accordingly, please mind, that the tutorial is partially done in a slower tempo.
Get on Board for Free
The Virtual Guitarist series can be used on MAC and PC computers and is compatible with most major DAW’s that fully support the VST, AU and AAX plug-in formats. Try a free 30-day trial of a Virtual Guitarist plug-in today and get on board with UJAM instruments.