- You have significant control over the information that is shared with other UJAM users and the public through the privacy settings for your profile.
- We use the information that we collect and you provide about yourself to personalize your UJAM experience through ads and social networking features.
- We do not share your personal data with any third parties unless you expressly authorize us to do so.
- Use UJAM wisely: Any information that you post on UJAM or its social networking features may be available to members of the public.
- Copyright: UJAM is an Internet-based musical accompaniment service. You are responsible for the originality of the music you use in connection with UJAM, and for your compliance with copyright laws. See UJAM's Terms of Service for further information.
Information you choose to submit
Collection and use of personal data
Information we automatically collect
For example, each time you visit the UJAM Site we may automatically collect your IP address, browser type, browser, browser language and computer type, access time and date, the webpage from which you came, and the webpage(s) that you access during your visit as well as other web server log files. Such Usage Data is collected, in particular, for the safety and protection of the UJAM site.
In addition, third parties who place advertisements on the UJAM Site may also collect information through cookies and web beacons to ensure that their advertising systems and technologies work properly and to allow them to track responses to their advertisements. Cookies and web beacons set by these third parties are governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
Generally, you can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you if you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not to accept the cookie.
Please note that if you do set your browser not to accept cookies, certain areas of the UJAM Site and accompaniment service may not function properly. We may combine Usage Data with Personal Data in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user.
Our information sharing practices
From time to time, we may share your Pseudonymized Personal Data including Usage Data to enable third parties who serve advertisements on the UJAM Site to deliver advertisements that will be relevant to you.
From time to time, we may share aggregated User Information (excluding any credit card numbers you may provide to us to purchase any of our products or services) with third parties. We will not share any aggregated data, however, in manner that would enable the recipient to personally identify you.
If you affirmatively authorize us to do so, from time to time we may share your Personal Data with third parties so they may contact you regarding goods or services in which you may be interested. If you have authorized us to do, and later decide that you would no longer like us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, please contact us as noted below in "Choice/Opt-Out."
Other disclosure scenarios
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or where disclosure is otherwise required by law;
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding abuse of the UJAM Site infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of information);
- with potential acquirers or others involved in such transaction if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by or merged with another entity; or
There may be areas of the UJAM Site that (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, and other online forums) in which you are able to post information that will be available to all other users of the UJAM Site. By choosing to use these areas, you understand and agree that anyone may access, use, and disclose any information that you post to those areas.
Access to personal data; modifying and deleting your personal data
When you sign up to be on a mailing list for UJAM's e-mail newsletters, your e-mail address and selected newsletter list(s) are stored by us. We use this information solely for purposes of dispatching newsletters. Data sets are used to analyze system performance for statistical purposes. We neither pass on this data to third parties nor use it for any other purposes of our own.
We offer you the opportunity to control whether we share your Personal Data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may request that we do so at the time you register to become a member of the UJAM Site or at any time thereafter by accessing and updating your privacy settings through your profile page. In addition, if you have previously authorized us to do, you may request that we no longer share your Personal Data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes by accessing and updating your privacy settings through your profile page. Please note that sometimes these requests may take up to ten business days to process and that we are not responsible for removing information about you from the database of any third party to whom we were authorized to disclose your Personal Data prior to processing your request.
We have implemented reasonable measures to help protect your User Information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your User Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
The UJAM Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any such other web site (whether accessed through an advertisement, service, or content link) and urge you to review such practices prior to submitting any information to such web sites.
Use of Google Analytics
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. The UJAM Site is not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target the UJAM Site to children under the age of 13.
Storage of user information
After termination of the user relationship, the User Information will be blocked. Upon termination of the user relationship, the user's account and all User Information will be deleted within 30 days. Deletion will be carried out within six (6) months after the invoice has been sent to the user. If objections are raised against the invoice or if it has not been paid within such six (6) months period, the user's User Information will remain stored until the objection against the invoice is resolved or full payment claim has been received. Even after that point of time, the registration data (excluding the account name, e-mail address and Usage Data) can be stored by UJAM in anonymized form and can be used by UJAM for market research, advertising and other business purposes or disclosed to business partners or customers for such purposes.